Today the market is flooded with a variety of electric shavers, making it quite confusing for men to make the right choice. From wet to dry, foil to rotary and cordless to corded, there are numerous choices in the market. These electric shavers are not only meant to give you a clean and close shave but also quite adventurous in the long run. They are the cheaper alternatives to traditional razors that let you save your time when you are rushing for office in the morning while preventing nicks and skin irritations during shaving.
With so many models and types to choose, it has become really difficult to find the right model for daily grooming. So, to help you in your buying process below is the list of top rated and newly launched electric shavers that are worth considering.
There are two different types of electric shavers:
- Foil Shavers – These are the shavers that comprise oscillating razors in the thin layer of foil. Here the blades rotate back and forth and shear hair while they pass through the domed grating. It usually comes with 3-5 blades that poke through the perforated foil.
- Rotary Shavers – This is the type of shaver that comes with blades that spin around floating heads. Its rotary heads are very flexible and it rotates in the circular motion as they cut the hair.
What are the Benefits to use Electric Shavers?
If you want to do the first shave of your life or if you barely find time for shaving, then it is good to invest in an electric shaver. Unlike traditional razors, the electric shavers offer up to 14000 cuts per minute per blade. It has the continence to take it anywhere due to its portability and compact size. Electric shavers can lift the hair and align it so that the blade can pass close to the skin. It also contains protective elements which are good for preventing skin irritation. It reduces the chances of nicks, acne bumps, and razor burns. From adjustable power to AutoSense technology, hyper lift trimmers, and cut & lift, these electric shavers are really sophisticated.
Factors for Consideration:
- Wet or Dry Shavers – There are electric shavers that offer both dry cuts and wet cuts or both. It is important for you to know the preferences prior to choosing a mode that supports your capabilities. Dry cut shavers are designed to offer faster and cleaner cuts, while wet shavers allow you to use shaving gels.
- Cordless or Corded Shavers – There are some models that come with cords which need to be attached to the electric power supply for its operations. There are also models that are powered by the rechargeable battery and you need to charge the battery and use it cordlessly anywhere. Depending upon your needs, you need to make the selection.
- Manual Cleaning or Cleaning Station – Most of the electric shavers offer you under the tap cleaning, while some other models come with cleaning stations. You simply need to input the cleaning agent and the shaver into the dock and press the button and get a cleaner shaver to work with again.
Top Ten Best Electric Shavers of 2019:
1. Braun Series 7790CC – Best Electric Shavers in 2018
Braun Series 7790CC is the most advanced and innovative electric shaver that combines creative technology and a variety of intelligent features. It is capable of delivering excellent electric shaving results. It is designed to capture as much hair as possible in a single stroke. The design of the shaver is also gentle on your skin and it features 4 shaving elements, of which three elements cut the hair and the fourth element is the SkinGuard Element.
As opposed to other traditional razors and electric shavers, Braun Series 7790CC clean shave in just one stroke. It is designed intelligently using intelligent sonic and AutoSense technology, thereby delivering 10,000 micro-vibrations and features an adaptive shaving motor to capture more hair in the single stroke. To add more gentleness and power to your shaving experience it is designed with 5-Turbo Sensitive modes and 8 different directions for shaving. It has the innovative 8-D Contour Adaption technology which allows the elements to adapt to the skin and offer gentle shaving experience.
- Comparatively longer cell life
- Clean shaving in the single stroke
- It is waterproof and supports faster charging
- You can’t use any gels and cream with this electric shaver
2. Panasonic Arc 5 – Best Electric Shavers For Mens
Flexibility and convenience is something that you can’t afford to ignore and Panasonic Arc 5 is the perfect example that allows you to enjoy 45 minutes of cordless shaving with one single charge. Apart from its high rated battery life, Panasonic Arc5 features 5 Nanotech shaving blades that are ultra-thin and sharper. This is the shaver offering closest shave due to its blades which are designed in a way to offer closeness and comfort. The shaver is honed and forged to assume 30 degrees of cutting edge and it makes the shaver super fine for a close and cleaner shave that cuts the hair closely from its root.
The efficiency of the shaver is further improvised with Active Saving Razor which is a sensor that detects the difference in density of beard along the jaw, cheeks and neck regions.
- 5 blade shaving system for precise and effective shaving
- Features shaving sensors
- Linear motor for powerful 14000 cuts per minutes
- Longer battery life
- The blade system is too large and not perfect for detailing mustaches
3. Braun Series 9 9095CC – Best Electric Shavers For closest shave
Like all other models from Braun, 9 9095CC won’t disappoint you because of its super classy design and appealing shiny chrome plastic finish. It also excels in terms of performance as it features trimmer and this is commonly referred to as Direct & Cut. This trimmer is designed to beautifully align any facial hair that can grow in diverse directions prior to cutting it. It is really fast in cutting and shaving and capable of reaching 40, 000 cross-cutting actions per minute.
The Braun Series 9 9095CC is the wet/dry electric shaver which means that it can be used on either wet or dry skin without hassles. However, it is suggested that users must prefer using shaving cream and gels with this shaver. The shaver comes with HyperLift Trimmer which is quite advanced and helps remove even the flat hairs from your skin.
- It comes with 2 years of warranty
- Uses OptiFoil technology to offer longer lasting closeness
- Best shaver for different types of hair
- Very poor built quality as compared to the price
4. Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D – Best Electric Shavers For Sensitive Skin
Norelco SensoTouch 3D is the best electric shaver by Philips till now. It combines the unique blend of performance features and three dynamic shaving parts. These parts are mainly designed to tilt inwards, flex onwards and pivot around. Owing to these flexible ranges of motions, the electric shaver easily follows the natural contours of your face for comfortable and clean shaving. Another feature of the shaver is that it can be used both in the wet and dry skin and this is made possible because of the Aquatec Technology that is integrated into the machine.
This electric shaver comes with JetClean System which is another great convenience feature that is appreciated by the users across the world. It does what you want to do, it washes the shaver thoroughly and dries and then lubricates the blades to save your time and energy and deliver superior grade hygienic shave every day.
- It uses 3 separate foils
- It can be used on both wet and dry skins
- Shaver head can move into three different directions
- The replacement parts of the shaver are very expensive
5. Panasonic Arc4
Another cordless shaving beast launched by Panasonic, the Arc4 which is the electric shaver comprising the aesthetically appealing exterior body, with four shaving blades and LCD screen. This shaver has a pivoting head and precise charging indicator all in one affordable package. This electric shaver for men guarantees clean, close and comfortable shave because of its advanced shaving system. The electric shaver comprises of microthin stainless foils and it is specially designed to lift and hold whiskers in position for 4-sharp shaving blades to cut them.
This electric shaver has been honed at a 30-degree inclination for a precise and clean shave. The foils and blades used on the electric shaver are hypo-allergic and they are tested for gentle and clean shaving experience even for sensitive skin.
- Double motor, 4 shaving blade system for precise cutting
- It features a built-in Pop-up trimmer to detail mustaches and sideburns
- Powerful motor to deliver up to 14000 cuts per minute
- It has a very short run time
6. Philips AT830 – Best Budget Electric Shavers
AT 830 by Philips is another best and aesthetically appealing electric shaver that is lightweight and high in performance. This electric shaver is very easy to handle and control while shaving and it comes with an anti-slip grip that makes handling easier for the users. This electric shaver also features SmartPivot system which keeps the rotary heads of the shaver close enough to skin for close cleaning and cutting of hair. this electric shaver also enables you to enjoy high-speed shaving, efficiency, and comfort while shaving. The Pivot system of the electric shaver also comes very handily when shaving the hard to reach areas like your neck and back. Users can also benefit from the patented Super Lift and Cut technology.
It uses dual blade action to lift the hair and this allows you to enjoy close and comfortable shaving with minimal irritation and nicks.
- Excellent ergonomic design
- Comes with 2 years of warranty
- It is washable
- It lacks in some industry standard features
7. Wahl 8061
To start with, Wahl 8061 is the most affordable electric shaver in this top-ten list. This is great looking electric shaver for those that are working on a tight budget. Besides its affordable pricing, you can also enjoy the great convenience and higher mobility of cordless shaver. This electric shaver is designed to offer you longer uninterrupted shaving experience with one single charge of the battery. Again, this electric shaver is very gentle on your skin and it offers a comfortable and excellent shaving experience.
Wahl 8061 electric shaver is designed with Hypo-Allergic Gold Foil along with the quality head that is used on the shaver. The gold foil is tested to improvise the shaving experience and achieve close shaving while preventing skin irritation and rashes. The quality head of the electric shaver is designed to offer shave that is ultra close and bump free. It comes with different functional and convenience features like cutter bar assembly, sharper guard, and foil.
- Features unique casing and lightweight design
- Capable of shaving any type of hair
- It comes with cordless shaving options
- It has no battery charged level indicator
8. Braun CoolTec – Best Electric Shavers Under 100
If you are experiencing irritation while shaving, then consider buying Bruan CoolTec. This is the most advanced electric shaver that comes with a high-speed motor and this CoolTec model has the cooling system to prevent the shaver from getting heated over time. This is the only shaver in the market that comes with the active cooling mechanism in place. The cooling system of the shaver is manually controlled with a switch and you simply need to flip the on/off switch to turn the cooling system on or off. However, despite this feature, the electric shaver has great shaving experience and delivers good results.
The electric shaver features 3 shaving blades with two foils and it offers a clean and smooth shave while keeping the skin irritation at bay. These features are proven to work optimally for medium to lightly sized beards. It comes with a middle trimmer attached and the battery on the device is rechargeable so that you can use it cordlessly.
- It promotes cool shaving experience
- It comes with 3 models for shaving
- It is designed for dry and wet shaving conditions
- The shaving performance offered by the shaver is average
9. Panasonic Arc 3 – Best Electric Shavers For Head
Just like other electric shavers by Philips, Arc 3 also uses high precision Nanotech Blades and it can be used for wet shaving and quick touch-up on dry skin. This is the electric shaver that hit the sweet spot right between the high-end performance and the pricing. The package comprises of the high-performance shaver, foil protector cap, charging station, cleaning station, cleaning solution, charging cord and the manual.
The electric shaver is lightweight and has the sleek design. On the top of the shaver is the plastic thumb rest. This is the area that doesn’t allow you to comfortably grip the device but enables you to improvise the shaving stroke. What makes Arc 3 different from all other electric shaver is the fact that it can closely shave without causing any discomfort and irritation. So, if you have skin irritation and often hesitate to shave, then this is the electric shaver perfect for you as it comes with hypo-allergic blades which never cause any irritation.
- It is comparatively affordable and cordless too
- It can be used on wet and dry shaving conditions with ease
- It comes with the travel pouch for safe storage and travel
- It lacks in cleaning tools or charging dock
10. Remington F5-5800
Remington is the popular brand for designing electric shaver and it is a very affordable shaving product. If you are having a tight budget and prefer maintaining a shaved head and a clean face, then this is the perfect choice for you indeed. The main thing for which you would fall in love with this device is the convenient charging and longer battery life. Despite being the cheaper option, it offers 60 minutes of shaving experience with a fully charged battery. It comes with a battery charge level display where you can check the level of the battery.
Being the foil shaver, it comes with curve and flex and it glides along with your face while shaving. It minimizes the risk of cuts and nicks while shaving with this electric shaver.
- It delivers excellent value for money
- It features the built-in pop-up trimmer
- It offers longer battery life up to 60 minutes
- It makes to noise while shaving